Welcome to mageia-app-db's project home¶
What is mageia-app-db ?¶We want to produce a website dedicated to a distribution's applications and packages, and whose main goals are :
- allow to browse the package database, provide the main informations about packages, like any other distribution does (see http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages for example).
- focus on interaction between users, testers and packagers
- from users to packagers : backports requests, new soft requests (with a voting system), ...
- from packagers to users/testers : testing requests, ie packagers asking users to test a certain package before pushing it to the official repositories, ...
- customizable user notifications on your home page, RSS feed or e-mail (new backport available for your preferred soft, new update candidate available and awaiting testing...)
See the full record of user needs and potential functionalities here : NeedsAndFunctionalities
Contributing to the project¶
- The team :Team
- We welcome all types of contributions :
See the open tasks : maybe there are tasks where you can help ?
- How to prepare a developer's workstation : PrepareDevWorkstation
- Sophie's XML-RPC or JSON interface : QueryingSophie
- This is where you can put any crazy idea : ProspectiveIdeas
- Weekly meetings
This is a PHP5 project using symfony 1.4 as a framework.
Source code is hosted on gitorious. You can clone the repository with :
git clone git://gitorious.org/mageia-app-db/mageia-app-db.git
Demo / Testing instance¶
We host instances for the following distributions:
- mageia : http://mageia.madb.org
- mandriva : http://mandriva.madb.org
- fedora : http://fedora.madb.org
- opensuse : http://opensuse.madb.org
A development ("master" branch) version of Mageia App Db, showing Mageia packages, is available at http://dev.madb.org
It's a work in progress. Comments are welcome.
- irc : we try to be available and meet on #madb on irc.freenode.net.
- Mailing list : https://listes.lautre.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/madb
- if you need to e-mail us directly, send a mail to stormi ((AT)) laposte ((DOT)) net