Welcome to mageia-app-db's project home¶
What is mageia-app-db ?¶We want to produce a website dedicated to mageia's applications and packages, and whose main goals would be :
- allow to browse the package database, provide the main informations about packages, like any other distribution does (see http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages for example).
- focus on interaction between users, testers and packagers
- from users to packagers : backports requests, new soft requests (with a voting system), ...
- from packagers to users/testers : testing requests, ie packagers asking users to test a certain package before pushing it to the official repositories, ...
- customizable user notifications on your home page, RSS feed or e-mail (new backport available for you preferred soft, new update candidate available and awaiting testing...)
See the full record of user needs and potential functionalities here : NeedsAndFunctionalities
Contributing to the project¶
- RedmineTodo : remaining tasks concerning redmine configuration
- TODO : detail what kind of contributions we need
This is a PHP5 project using symfony:http://www.symfony-project.org 1.4 as a framework.
Source code is hosted by github. You can clone the repository with :
git clone https://github.com/agallou/mageia-app-db.git
- You can often find us on
#mageia-fr: Stormi (project lead) and ttp (main developer)
- We use the mageia-webteam mailing list as a mailing list for the project (among the other web-related mageia projects : wiki, bug tracker, etc.). Some discussion may happen also on mageia-discuss or mageia-dev from time to time. https://www.mageia.org/mailman/
- if you need to e-mail us directly, send a mail to stormi ((AT)) laposte ((DOT)) net